Hardwood Floor Installers in Castle Rock
Hardwood Floor Installers in Castle Rock, CO
Quality hardwood flooring services for less in Castle Rock is what Hardwoods Denver strives for. We proudly offer professional refinishing and restorations for commercial and residential customers. We are a complete hardwood flooring service that supplies services such as installation, sanding, and finishing of hardwood and solid wood floors. Other services include refinishing, repairs, and laminate floor installations in Castle Rock.
Our high-end products and services ensure a beautiful finish with longer-lasting results. The owner of Hardwoods Denver, Reynaldo Cortez, stands by his work. His team focuses on their commitment to quality and customer service, “Our Hardwood Floor Installers have decades of experience in laying gorgeous hardwood floors in homes throughout Colorado. Our job isn’t over until you’re happy with our work.”
Call today to speak with our professional hardwood installers in Castle Rock!
Every flooring company has their own way of installation but in general, these are the steps:
- Prep and clean
- It is crucial that the sub floor the hardwood will be on is clean and free of any debris including nails or tack strips if there was previously carpet. Next, follow up with a good sweep and vacuum!
- Lay the moisture barrier
- After the floor is clean, underlayment will be put on top of the over the sub flooring. This will protect the subfloor underneath from water damage. In addition, it will make a smooth surface to lay the hardwood on.
- Hardwood Installation
- Finally, it time to install the hardwood flooring!
- Most people choose to start at the furthest wall from the door and work backwards. However, this is a personal preference. Most hardwood floors installers will leave about a 3/8″ gap between the hardwood floor and wall trim to accommodate wood expansion.
- Next it the tricky part. The most common way to install hardwood is by nailing the pieces down. Drill small holes (the size of the nail that will hold down the floor) into the hardwood pieces. After that, line up the first piece of hardwood against the line that is 3/8″ away from the wall trim and hammer the nails in directly to the subfloor.
- Note: There must be a 3/8″ gap between all of the wall trims in the room the hardwood is being installed
- Once the edge pieces have been installed, place the next piece against the original pieces and hammer a nail into the tongue (side of the hardwood piece) at a diagonal.
- After a couple rows of manual hammering, a Pneumatic nail gun will be used for the much of the installation process. This makes it much faster.
- Finally, as the hardwood gets closer to the opposite edge of the room it will be impossible to use the nail gun. Therefore, nails will have to be manually hammered into the hardwood. When laying the last row, rather than hammering the nails at an angle, nail them straight down into the subfloor.
- Quarter Round
- The final step of the hardwood installation process is to add the quarter round. This will cover the gab between the hardwood and the wall trim.
- Use a brad nail gun to nail the quarter round to the wall trim, not the hardwood. This will give the room a completed look!
We do not recommend putting any furniture on newly installed hardwood floors for at least three days. This will ensure that the floors are fully dry (though necessarily fully cured). Always be sure to protect your new floors with felt pads on the bottom of all of your furniture. This will help prevent scratching or scuffing.
There are many types if wood floor types available! However, the most common species are Oak, Maple, and Hickory. Other exotic types of wood floors include Brazilian Cherry, Brazilian Teak, and Santos Mahogany. Hardwoods Denver can help you select the best wood type for you! Check out this article that goes over various types of wood.
In general, hardwood floor installation takes about 1 to 2 days. The most common method to install hardwood flooring is to nail down and glue the boards. This is done by nailing the hardwood floor directly to the subfloor with the help of a hammer and Pneumatic nail gun. The entire installation process timeline depends on whether or not the previous floor needs to be removed, the size of the room it is being installed, the number of installers, and type of wood. For more information about the process of hardwood floor installation check out this in-depth article.
While there is not necessarily one “best” type of hardwood flooring, the most common wood types are oak, maple, and hickory. In general, these hardwood floors are less expensive than their more exotic counterparts, great for homes with kids and pets, and have a long lifespan. For more detail about each hardwood type listed above, plus more, check out this article!
Overall, hardwood floors are very durable compared to other flooring types. That being said, hardwood floors can still experience damage over time. It is important to have felt gliders on furniture that is place on hardwood floors to prevent scratches or dents. We recommend that hardwood installed in high traffic areas, such as by the front door, have a rug placed over it to prolong the lifespan and reduce damage. Click here for more information about hardwood durability.
Hardwood flooring is great for many rooms in any house! Bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, and family rooms are great rooms for hardwood flooring! However, rooms that may experience a lot of moisture or humidity are not great choices for hardwood. We would never recommend putting hardwood in bathrooms or laundry rooms due to the high moisture content typically found in these rooms. Click here fore more information about picking the best locations in your home for hardwood flooring.
Hardwoods Denver offers free quotes and in-home consultations for all hardwood floor installations, repairs, or refinishes! Our professionals will either come to your home to get you the best estimate on your hardwood floor project or provide a quote over the phone. Whatever is most convenient for you!
Picking the right hardwood flooring type for you is the first step in your hardwood installation process. There are many things to consider before picking out the perfect hardwood floors for you home! For example, the wood species, the grain, the cost, the color of wood, and so on. Hardwoods Denver can help you select the best option for you! Check out this article for more details about choosing the right hardwood floors!
WE ARE A PROFESSIONAL
Full-Service Hardwood Floor Solution
The professionals on our Hardwood Floor Installation Team have decades of experience in laying gorgeous hardwood floors in homes throughout Denver, CO. Our diligent work combined with the excellence of our floors has left hundreds of Denver homeowners happy.
“Exceptional Flooring at Affordable Prices! We couldn’t be happier with the service Hardwoods Denver Provided.”